Here are the player notes from the second session, verbatim, unless otherwise indicated or when I'm editing out all of Nick's non-contextual expletives!
Chapter 2: Maybe the Pyramid is Friendship?
The party is in an hour!? LORDY!
Corri Sitana scans the wooden bird back in The Worn Bottle
- Such craftmanship… ~ AESTHETIC ~
Corri stalks Polly to back, where P-dog's freshening up
- Asks about bird, but Polly is HELLA HYPE
- Polly fawns over childhood friend Uolis
- She's ambitious to go travelling, and Uolis is the travelling typs.
Bledsen knocks at the door to get everyone to the party.
- Elizabeth: "MOST WONDERFUL, LET US GET RIGHTLY SMASHED."
The Prize Winner is PAAACKED
Turn down back road to find quaint villas
- People are going about their business.
- Bledsen takes us to house w/blue roof, 2 storeys, picket fence, roof balcony w/a Uolis waving
- Doesn't have a distasteful amount of furniture
- It's a big house. Cool.
- We come to roof balcony. Couple of tables, drinks, etc.
… Hang on, where's Doe!?
- Strogg 2 dons his clone bag [sack] (so he's not nekkid) to find her.
The sun begins to set…
We're all seated. Uolis stands.
- It is tradition to regale tales of family and the land, Numenera, etc.
- They tell the same story each time.
- Uolis tells tale of Dlurian, his brother. Threw knife while travelling in Navarene, stuck in mid-air. Still there!?
- Bledsen's 2nd Cousin, Ephremon, sells oddities, and for payment requires memories that are never missed.
- Tallek's son met a woman who animates dead bones. oooooooooooooooo
Polly is… nervous. This is her first time:
"Da talks of Hypotos, 'where Ma went,'" (So not true)
There is a temple where peeps share tranquil dreams.
- Uolis: "What a lovely story."
- "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" - everyone else
[ Neaca Nom's story:]
- Raised in Nom, wishes to find Riley
- She was content in town, Riley yearned for more.
[ Gundisalvus's Story]
- When it met its master, part of training was carrying water up mountain…. But it's impossible to fill it up.
- So fuck that shit, work smart, not hard.
- "I have seen the texts of the universe. When I die, I SHALL CONTINUE."
[Texts? truths? Nick's handwriting defeated me]
- Corri opts out for now.
- Polly and Uolis warming up to eachother.
Strogg 2 returns [from searching for Doe]. No Doe
- 60% of people watched Strogg 2 get dispelled.
- "WOW," – the 60%
Gundi and Elizabeth jeer @ losers over at Prize Winner
An ominous blue cloud emerges over horizon toward raceway.
- Party wraps up, peeps ask to stay at Uolis' home.
- Blue fog consumes the home.
Strogg tries to make patterns in cloud.
- … smashing a window
- … which is repaired by Corri
- Breaking Polly's hat! NOOO!
Uolis beckons Polly to return to guest room.
- Peck on cheek. So we leave Polly.
Everyone gets some sleep.*
- *Gundi doesn't sleep
[The next morning…]
Bledsen and Uolis go to check on Iris.
- Gundi follows, but goes to cemetary.
- Neaca heads to Worn Bottle to check on Da'
Gundi buries Elizabeth w/ <s>—King/Queen—</s> of the Raceway sash.
- "Th… Thank you… What was your name again?"
- Grass grows beneath Gundi… Meaningfully
Neaca informs Da that Polly's fine.
- He chill.
Bledsen, Uolis BUST back into Uolis' place.
- IRIS IS GONE
- There's just AN SINGULAR LEG!
The whole race team leaves in a rush.
- WE FOLLOW!
… BUT WHERE IS DOE!?
- "I'unno, I'm not the GM" – Nick
We head to The Raceway!
- The leg belonged to [[X Rated]]
- No tracks!
- Corri scans the leg
- Something feels odd, compelled to pick it up.
- She picks it up, a line appears, vaguely
- WHAT!? A LEAD!
- Corri asks if the others want to follow it
- Uolis + crew don't follow
WE FOLLOW THE LINE!
- Seems to be going into the desert
- … Far away…
- … For a while…
THEN, a cry from a goat…
- GOAT PEOPLE! Margr. 8 OF THE DICKS!
- Some have goat heads, others have goat bits, etc.
- IT'S A TRAP!
- The blue line keeps going.
Neaca is hit by an arrow!
- She fucks it back up.
Strogg starts buzzering one of them.
Corri tries diplomacy. No.
Gundi raises one. It's… Helpless
THEN SUDDENLY THE LEADER IS SHOT IN THE HEAD!
- Doe is seen on the horizon
Strogg pours his bottle of paint into the eyes of the Margr beneath him. It wriggles free but stumbles blindly into a cactus.
Neaca and Doe loot the goat boss. Corri finds some shins and splits them up. Neaca's pack is broken beyond repair with what we have and she has to bring her pack bundled in her arms.
We walk and night settles. Attempting to construct a Numenera shelter, Doe instead cops a face full of corrosion and chemicals.
Neaca tries to hack a cactus open for water, but Gundisalvus knows the water is all underground. Neaca cannot be bothered.
Everyone settles down and rests. Upon waking safely, the group follows the blue line. After a few hours, a black, enormous pyramid comes into view. It's hovering, ominously, over a ruined city. It's smooth, dark and cold.
The city is made of rock and dust, with an entrance on the side. Stroggonov knows the pyramid dates from an older world. The city rests inside its shadow. The City in Shadow
The gang enters the city. Its buildings are flat, having only a single storey, they interlink and have no rooves. Near the middle of the city two towers extend towards the pyramid, but do not reach it.
Neaca climbs a wall, trying to get a better view. The city matches the shadow of the pyramid at midday. There are additional entrances at the north and south of the city.
There are insects and slinking lizards, but no other life. There's no corpses either. As the group moves towards the center of the city, they pass ruined statues and decrepit furniture.
Arriving at a four way junction, Corri steps directly into the middle of the plaza. The blue line points directly up, but nothing else happens.
Doe and Corri head east, coming across the towers. One of them has no stairs, but the top of the other is collapsed. Atop the collapsed tower lie three corpses.
Doe immediately loots them,
Between their misc. goods, one of the corpses is grasping something.
Sally searches nearby buildings with Strog. It funds a 14ft x 3ft metal cylinder that is very shiny with a circular dial on the bottom. Neaca tries to hover up the large tower but is instead blown into a rock, drawing blood. Doe reunited with Neaca and Corri prompts them to investigate the tower and find the corpses.
They all hear a large noise created by Strogg pushing the metal cylinder, they head to the noise.
Strogg and Corri both investigate the cylinder,.
Corri finds that the dial has a child proof lock and the cylinder begins to open and a pile of rubbish falls out.
The group rummages through the pile like a gang of trash pandas.
Corri finds a black rod the same material as the pyramid.
Neaca finds 3 shins, Sally finds a large piece of glass, Doe finds a creepy oddity that displays the face of a fish person.
Strogg weeps because Corri found a black rod.
Neaca tells Strogg she will help him find a black rod, this makes Strogg feel better.
Sally decides to investigate the tower with the corpses. Neaca and Strogg search the ruins and encounter a 4 meter long red lizard that moves aggressively toward Neaca, Strogg and Does (yes she's here). Doe shoots at it but the bolt is reflected back into Doe. Strogg shoots his Buzzer, that is also reflected. Neaca attempts to attack the beast but is smashed when its tail collapses a wall on her. She is trapped.
The beast turns its attention to Doe. The lizard tries to attack Doe but she side steps its attack and smacks the beast in its ribs. Strogg force pushes the lizard which in turn force pushes Strogg back.
Meanwhile Corri finds nothing of interest and heads back to Sally.
Back at the fight, Neaca pushes off a rock. Still trapped.
Doe uses her quarter staff to jab the lizard in the eye. The gem in its forehead pulses, flinging a rock back onto Neaca,
Strogg thows a Rotten Bomb into the lizard's mouth.
Neaca continues to remove rocks, still trapped.
Corri and Sally hear the rumbling of a battle.
Doe struggles on the ground as Corri and Sally walk in.
Neaca losing strength blows some sand off the pile.
Strogg considers injecting tree people with drugs.
Doe cripples the back legs of the beast by stabbing it in the back.
Doe tries to chisel the gem out of the lizard.
It falls to the ground, leaving an open wound.
Strogg raises the gem above his head that creates a platform that raises everyone but Neaca into arms reach of the Pyramid above.
[They descend again…]
Doe strokes the lizard, the lizard does not like this.
Everyone helps to unearth Neaca.
The lizard is incredibly injured and is put down by Doe's crossbow.
The group head to the centre of the city where they take the panel to the top of the city/bottom of the pyramid.
There is a hole where Corri inserts her rod.
Blue light encompasses the group.
We teleport to somewhere. The blue energy fades & we find ourselves in a 15mx15m chamber. 3 people are in the chamber already and tell us the Ruks are in the other room. They watch us warily as we go over to see them. Main guy gets aggrivated and tells lady sidekick to kill us/pat us down. She takes Doe's cypher gives it to main guy. He crushes the cypher and picks it apart. Cheale = lady, Jiale = main guy. Neaca is talking to Cheale to try & asses her loyalty. She's paid mercenary. Strog propels Derroch into the air with the reptilian crystal where he is grabbed by [a metal] tentacle arm. Cheale helps him down but he is thrown up by Strogg again. Cheale is fed up and tells Derroch to just kill them. Strogg moves Derroch into Jiale. Jiale blasts Doe and she takes damage and turns blue on contract with the energy. Jiale blasts at Neaca but she dodges, a machine is damaged, deactivating an arm. Derroch & Jiale bump into each other and Gundi tackles Cheale before Jiale unloads both arms at Gundi. Derroch charges at Gundi, but Sackonov tackles him, taking damage. Corri tries to figure out which console operates which thing. Cheale charges at Doe, "I really wish you hadn't done that." Misses Does absent jaw & reels back. "What are you?!". Jiale fires at Gundi and misses. Strogg pushes Derroch ineffectively. Derroch retaliates, heavy damage to Strogg. Gundi charges at Jiale. Neaca looks at the big machine in the other room. Jiale laughs at Gundi's advance and grabs him, worming his fingers into his bark.
Doe attemps to hit Cheale with a quarter staff but gets abused about her appearance. Doe rolls a 1 to dodge and is knocked out cold. Cheale puts a cloth on the body and is out for more blood.
Neaca continues to abandon the fight still and go for rukomols.
Corri finally commands claws and violently disarms Cheale.
Neaca enters the Ruk-room and sees Stroggonov eat a toadstool and Sackonov tackling Derroch.
Sally isn't free, but got buzzed again.
Corri fails to wake the KO'd Doe and has an angry Cheale. She also got a claw stuck in her shirt.
Sackonov fucking DESTROYS Derrochs face with his face while Stroggonov slams him into a machine.
Sally grabbed his cyphers and rammed them down Jiale's throat but the eye cypher gets spat up.
Gundi gets zapped more.
Sack and Strogg do and action flick jump and punch Derroch's face again. More broken bones and blood.
Neaca continues continues being useless.
Eyes were stabbed.
Corri is trying to claw Jiale and raise Doe
Sally's arm got injected with foam that made his hand fall off.
Doe's nanites wake her up and she stands wide-eyes.
Cheale is stuck in claws regretting life choices.
Doe loads crossbow
Strogg steps over a bodied Derrock and gives the thunder wire to Neaca. Neaca helps Jiale get off Sally after rolling a 10.
Corri sadly fails to grab Jiale but unhooks herself.
Cheale is still mad at life and axes Sally who follows up with not-stabbing Jiale
Jiale is re-evalualting tactics and buzzes Sally again, whi now can't see anything.
Doe crossbows Jiale's calf, it carves clean through.
Stroggonov follows up having Sack spear tackle Jiale off Sally wth Strogg blasting Jiale's mortal existance.
Neaca did nuthin.
Corri helps restrain Jiale w/a claw
- Runs to Derroch to stabalise him
Jiale bites at Sackonov
- Blue energy spreads over Sacky's skin and kills him
- Strogg doesn't feel so good.
Gundi wipes blue stuff off face
- Restrains Jiale, doesn't brutally hurt him. [That's specific… ]
Doe hits Jiale on the head, knocks him out
We grab some cyphers and shins
- Georgie is amazed we're alive. DAFUQ!?
Cheale is just off chopping at the air in anger
Derroch drops his bags, oddities, etc
- Neaca applies some rejuvination juice
Corri examines big machine in Rukomol room
- It's an ordering machine!
- The blue fog seems to fetch what it needs.
- The group tries decoding this machine
There seems to be a return button, but we test it first w/[Derroch's] old wire blade
- !!! It KINDA WORKED!
- Set it to use the Rukomols…. This will be interesting… [Choose to send X Rated by machine]
- Door opens for thing to be returned.
… Door shuts… hoo boy…
- We take the other 2 Rukomols to ride home
Cheale looks shocked w/ the state of the others [Derroch and Jiale]
- Wants to be returned (and bring others)
Corri disables fetching machine for good.
Neaca gifts Jiale a cypher.
- … Doe disapproves and takes the cypher
We all leave the pyramid.
Cheale and Derroch are offered the chance to come with us and they accept [yeah well what choice did they have?]. Doe buries the lizard corpse, which is decayed enough to show that we've been away for ~ 3 days. Doe tells everyone her name [Spoiler, it's Doe], by writing in the dirt.
We come back to town. Polly is happy to see us. Cheale and Derroch are taken to the Apothecary. Cheale heads to The Prize Winner and we take the Rukomols to the track. Neaca visit Uolis at home and gives the team the good news.
X Rated confirmed for safe!
Everyone's happy to see us and the rukomol. Uolis offers to buy us a house [as grateful thank you for returning Iris] and we're talked into it.
We filter back to The Worn Bottle and we are introduced to Gordra, town constable.
She is planning on raiding the pyramid, but Polly offers us other options….